[BUG]Remove network printers added automatic

Hello guys, i'm using Zorin 16.1 and when i open the window "printers" like the image below, Zorin automatically add the printers in our Organization Network. When i try to remove the printers, the system add again and i can never remove them to the system. I was not able to install one of these printers directly as I would like from the system menus. I had to release access to CUPS through the browser and add the printer I wanted (IPP) through the browser. When I do that, the printers disappear from the list of printers, however, when I try to print something, the printer that I installed and all the other printers that the system detects on the network appears in the drop down list. Follow images to understand what I'm talking about.

PS: Congratulations on the great work, I'm really enjoying your efforts with Zorin and I'm really rooting for the success, because everything you're planning and doing is very promising.

This issue has been raised before and I posted the solution from a different source but it's the same solution:

1 Like

Thanks but this is not really a "solution". I cannot "configure" the phantom printer, it is not listed in lpstat or cupsd.conf. It just pops up every time and sacrificing a good feature is not a solution.

When you say phantom is it listed as a "driverless" printer?

This printer exists BUT:

• I cannot rename it
  • cannot be deleted
  • cannot find it anywhere in the common configs
  • cannot change defaults or drivers
  • when I try to rename it in "Additional Printer Settings", it creates a duplicate
  • not in Cups = localhost:631

Bit frustrating the way it works; because it always lists it as "available" to print to

Does the solution here help?

Some suggestions re deletion issue:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.