Can fortnite be played on Zorin Lite?

I am using a Dell inspiron n5110 laptop with zorin Lite 15.3. Is there any way to install and play fortnite? Would it be limited in performance in any way? If so how much?

1 Like

No.

Long answer: No, you laptop got an integrated intel graphic card. You need at least a mid end to high end video card card to get something out of that game.

1 Like

Was hoping otherwise but thanks for the quick reply.

Laptop specs: Dell Inspiron N5110 Specs - CNET

The requirement of Fortnite:

Recommended System Requirements

Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 960, AMD R9 28,0 or equivalent DX11 GPU
Video Memory: 2 GB VRAM

Processor: Core i5-7300U 3.5 GHz

Memory: 8 GB RAM

Minimum System Requirements

Video Card: Intel HD 4000 on PC or Intel Iris Pro 5200 or equivalent AMD GPU on Mac
Processor: Core i3-3225 3.3 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM

Epic Quality Presets Specifications

Video Card: Nvidia GTX 1080 or equivalent GPU
Video Memory: 4 GB VRAM or higher

Processor: Intel Core i7-8700, AMD Ryzen 7 3700x or equivalent

Memory: 16 GB RAM or higher

Not helpful for what you specifically asked but there are jillions of great games on Steam that you do not need a strong computer to play.

Thank you Storm

thanks

in the specific case of fortnite, the specs of his laptop aren't the only thing that stops them from playing the game

Fortnite uses EasyAntiCheat and BattleEye, which are meant to stop hackers and stuff like that, but because of lack of linux support for that, it will refuse to launch the game if it detects you are using wine/proton. If you somehow manage to run it anyways, chances are your account will get banned. Both of those two added support for linux 2 or 3 years ago, but it's up to the game devs to enable it or not. And as we can see in this list of games on which anticheat and battleeye got linux support enabled, fortnite doesn't have any plans of allowing to run the game on linux

HOWEVER, you CAN play fortnite on linux if you are fine with cloud gaming in the web browser and your internet speed is fast enough to make it playable. One cloud service I know where playing fortnite is free is geforce now. It's a subscription-based system, but it got a free-tier if all you need it for is to play free games like fortnite