Can I get rid of the big blue bit at the top of the forum?

Is there a way to remove the massive blue search box at the top of the forum?

It's a bit annoying, imho.

1 Like

No, not unless you're running the server.. You don't get to control websites from your system

1 Like

Since i reference this forum a lot, I have developed the habit of scrolling down to just below it, on the latest tab.

1 Like

Yes...use a Element Blocker in your browser. Will probably be an extension you will need to install.

I agree, it is highly annoying to me and I blocked it with an element blocker. I find it equally annoying when a website takes the top 5 inches of my screen with their header/menu/cart/etc. information as I scroll down the page.

But..I find a lot of things annoying like websites that right off the bat ask me to sign up for their newsletter. I immediately leave that site and do not do business with them. It has gotten where one can no longer cruise the internet without annoying begging from someone to subscribe to a newsletter or buy something. Even reading something educational and after a few minutes the clown web developer will pop up a box begging you to subscribe.

Interrupting my shopping or reading and I leave. I don't deal with website beggers or obnoxious websites.

1 Like

Thank you.
I had just installed ublock origin this morning on vivaldi as I found browsing amazon on firefox didn't have the annoying sponsored links. I had had a thought that maybe I could block an element on here with it but I'd forgotten at the time.

Perfect.
I had hated the default categories view too but you can remove that in user control panel.

1 Like

Just use any adblocker and select hide something on this page and point to the big blue box you want to hide , That it done the big blue box will be forever gone!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.