Can I install a GNOME extension on Zorin perfectly fine?

I think Zorin OS's desktop is kinda boring and I want to customize it with GNOME extensions. I just wonder would it work or would it crash my system.

Which edition (Pro, Core, Lite etc) of ZorinOS do you have?

Also can you please edit your forum profile to indicate which editon you have. That will avoid us having to ask you that question again and again in the future.

I use Core edition personally.

Yes, you should be able to install gnome-extensions just fine.
On any distro, it is always possible that an extensions may conflict with an existing extension. You can use the gnome-tweaks tool to disable or enable extensions.

Thanks for letting me find it out. And can you please tell me how can I use the gnome-tweaks tool?

Here is one link for starters:

Thank you so much.

Note. ZorinOS 16 is based on Ubuntu 20.04, so you can always do a websearch like "gnome tweak tools Ubuntu 20.04" to find advice.

You also need to check the Gnome version that an extension supports - some extensions don't get updated to the most current Gnome DE - similarly, some extensions might have been written for the latest release of Gnome which might not be being used by Zorin (speaking from past experience when I used to use Zorin as my daily goto).

1 Like