Can I Switch Nvidia/Amd Hybrid Graphics?

Hello. I'm usind Lenovo İdeapad 3, AMD Ryzen 7 4800H - Nvidia GTX 1650 Ti. I've used Pop!_OS before. I was able to adjust as in the picture without making any adjustments.

However, I couldn't do this in Zorin OS 16. I'm currently using nouveau and can't use Nvidia graphics card. There is also the issue of going to sleep as I am using nouveau. When I use Nvidia Prime, there is only a setting for intel. Is there any way I can use hybrid like in pop os?

you can try to install system 76 power and its gnome extension

1 Like

I installed system76 driver first and then system76-power. The gnome extension didnt open because it doesnt support gnome 40. I switched to hybrid use by typing sudo system76-power graphics hybrid from the terminal, but Nvidia graphics card cant use properly. When the computer goes to sleep, the colors and images on the screen are distorted.

Install Nvidia Prime Indicator extension, that will let you choose your Nvidia GPU only. If you say you don't see it in the list, well then that has to mean your not using your Nvidia drivers.

Make sure you are using your Nvidia Proprietary, not TESTED driver.

1 Like

@StarTreker What operations do I need to do in order? After uninstalling Nouveau, I installed Nvidia drivers then installed system76-power package but The Nvidia application opened blankly and when pc went to sleep, there were screen glitches. now, im installed nouveau back.
What should I do now?

Why not install the nvidia driver manually and then install prime ?

2 Likes

@Michel When i install nvidia prime, the hybrid option does not appear, also the option only for intel. I am using amd. When I use the nvidia option the fans run too much and consume a lot of battery.

When you have intel/amd combo you dont need to install nvidia stuff. That wont work.

1 Like

Wait, he has AMD? Well, thats different and I agree, wont work. I must have missread or not remember his first post. I checked and sure enough, he says AMD. The OP will need someone with AMD experience

1 Like

Agree, but who is a AMD expert here ? My wife has a 10 years old laptop with amd/intel combo but Pop OS did everything just as the OP stated.

So is there a way to install the drivers like in Pop os? Im really liked this os but for now currently unusable for me.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

1 Like

I did it, after that system didnt boot, its only black screen. I opened the console by pressing ALT+F2, tried sudo gdm stop and sudo gdm start but it didn't work. What should i do now ?
Sorry if I'm tiring you.

From the screen in your screenshot, what happens if you enter into it
startx
?

1 Like

I can reinstall the system, no problem. But I couldn't fix the Nvidia card problem.

1 Like

From BIOS settings, ensure that Secure Boot is disabled.

From your console, can you remove the file:

rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Then install the Nvidia Driver:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:graphics-drivers/ppa

sudo ubuntu-drivers autoinstall

Lastly, do you have nomodeset grub parameter in your grub file? If so - remove it. Then be sure to run sudo update-grub prior to restarting.

1 Like

Not worked. Also, even if I reinstalled the system, I couldn't solve the Nvidia driver issue. I think I will install Pop_OS again. Thanks for answers.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Marked solution. 274