Can I Upgrade From Zorin16 Pro to 17 Core?

So It's simple:: I don't want to wipe my PC to downgrade completely, and I think I will pass on pro this time. Is there a way to switch repositories? Because when I use the Zorin updater, it only gives me the option to go pro, which I don't have for 17. I want core.

1 Like

I can see why the Upgrader would stick with the edition you are using. However, I agree that Pro users should see the option for the Core edition of the next release. In fact, I actually already thought they did.
This may need more testing to be sure.

In the meantime, I am suggesting we move this to the Feedback forum since this is not an installation issue we can solve on the forum, but must be reviewed by the Zorin Upgrader developers.

2 Likes

Wow! thanks for posting a solution. If the O.P. is satisfied with that, this can be moved back to a Solvable thread.

Alternatively, it can be used as a feedback thread to suggest that the Upgrader have a more visible option for that.

1 Like

Yes, there is a "SKIP" button, however, when you press it, it takes you to the next page that says "Purchase Zorin OS 17 Pro", and you are not able to continue until you enter your email address and support code.
Screenshot from 2024-02-09 12-05-22

2 Likes

If you upgrade from 16.3 Core, you get this. I think the same thing should be available no matter what version you are upgrading from.
Screenshot from 2024-02-11 21-06-12

Please see this post here:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.