Seriously, Considering that like 2 people have been working on this since 2009, I am genuinely impressed.
So here's a little recap of what they did so far:
- Create an Operating System, ready to be used by anyone, and made for anyone.
and they've been doing that since 2008.
- Develop their own computer infrastructure management toolkit, or more widely known, the software we call Zorin Grid which is yet to be released
- Create their own website, forums, help pages, and branding
- Build a welcoming and nice community
- get over a MILLION downloads, not counting Mirrors and Torrents (as those aren't counted)
- they've even made it into the computers of some cities as a replacement for Windows
- Partnered up with StarLabs and Skikk to release hardware with Zorin OS preinstalled
And honestly, I just want to congratulate them for all that they did above, alone, only through the power of open source and some generous donations, of which there probably aren't even many, I would assume.
Genuinely, congratulations to the ZorinGroup/Zorin Developers/Maintainers, or however else you want to call them, for making such good products, and continuing to do that whilst also having a welcoming community, and doing it for such a long time.