Can ZorinOS Software Store be better?

I just wanted to ask that can ZorinOS Software Store be more Quick and Responsive...?
No offence but, let me explain...

I had used Manjaro for quite a while, and what made it more beginner friendly was Pamac, it's software store...
It just feels more snappy out of the box and launches quickly...
Whereas when it comes to ZorinOS Software store, I don't know why but it takes a good time to launch and that too, for the first time when it launches, it has to load for quite sometime before I can use it.
Now obviously those who have desktops or even a newer laptop won't notice this, but in terms of older hardware like mine in this case, it definitely let's user experience down...
I mean on the same hardware, Windows Store opens quickly, Pamac launches quickly, but ZorinOS Software Store takes a few Seconds and then also it has to load...

When ZorinOS-Lite performs everything better but not this, then I don't know about others but this definitely let's my user experience down :pensive:...

If ZorinOS developers are reading this, then kindly improvise this...
Or if anyone knows any solution then kindly tell me...

1 Like

The Software store is just Gnome-Softwareapplication.
And yes, it is quite heavy. Because it is Gnome, it will run the same on xfce or on Gnome D.E.

I never use the Software Store, I prefer Synaptic if using a GUI package manager (Though I mainly use Aptitude and Terminal...)

10 Likes

Added "Store" in the title for more clearance.
And yes anything can be better. All gnome softwares are sluggish. They did promise to improve gnome's performance in future updates.

3 Likes

I don't know when will Gnome Developers think of Performance over simplicity...
Anyways, let's just hope for the best...:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Remove Snap and flak will probably improve Software center IMHO, but from a beginner perspective I can see why they are there.

1 Like

Well i don't and i am a beginner, i don't like huge packages installed while a .deb file from the same application is (let's say) around 15mb. As a beginner back in august i already had problems with steam flatpak, spend hours to figure out what i did wrong with the custom proton, i followed the guides and had the correct location. It was you who asked me if i where using the steam flatpak and should use the steam .deb package instead. I removed the flatpak, installed the steam .deb package and within seconds it detected my custom proton (gloriouseggroll)

From that day i avoid flatpak, always double check if i can get a .deb package.

I am not too crazy about flatpak. I got slow wifi, and that is why I prefer Synaptic.

3 Likes

I just had a thought...
Don't know if it's possible or not or sorry if I sound silly :sweat_smile:

What if I install Plasma-Discover on my ZorinOS-Lite Installation?
Will it work, I am okay even if I have to download some dependencies, etc...

Thanks in advance :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.