Canon MG2522 printer

How to get my canon mg2522 printer to print with zorin os. When I found Document Scanner, it can scan on my printer. The issue is how to get my printer to print. Please advise.

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I went to the product support page, but it does not seem very promising:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg-series/pixma-mg2522/pixma-mg2522?tab=drivers_downloads

There is no Linux 64 bit driver.

1 Like

Other member also has Canon printer but at the end gave up and switched to HP printer (which is best supported printers in Linux).

Try this

sudo apt install cups-backend-bjnp

You need to go to "Printers" in settings, and add a new printer. once that package is installed, it will auto-detect the printer again

Dear Michel

I opened the Terminal window in Zorin OS 16 which I followed your recommendation to enter these commands: sudo apt install cups-backend-bjnp. However, after I did this, I can't find printer settings in Menu. Please advise. Please respond as soon as you can. Thank you very much.

After 6 days i get a reply and you want me to reply as fast as i can ? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I am out of ideas.

2 Likes

Under Printer Details rather than settings?
You might also remove the print entirely and then try re-adding it after having run the command @Michel suggested.

1 Like

This screen i meant (settings -> printers -> add printer)

I don't have a lot luck with Canon Printers, the only one that works is a Canon Pixma Colour Printer other than that none of them work on Linux.

1 Like

Marked solution. 67

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.