Canon Pixma cannot scan

Hello,

I just installed Zorin OS. My Canon Pixma G2400 works just fine as a printer but I cannot scan any document via simplescan or scangearmp2.

Can you offer any help? Thanks!

Hello, I do not have this model of printer/scanner.
But our Brother MFC-J870DW can only works as a printer with default driver in Linux. I need to download driver installing script from Brother's site before using it as a scanner.

I think you have to do the same. The Linux driver can be found here: PIXMA G2400 - Support - Download drivers, software and manuals - Canon Europe

There have been simlar problems reported on here. Not the same Canon printer, but maybe this thread will also help: Canon MG3650 Scanning Issues - #2 by zabadabadoo

Thanks, but there is not a linux driver in Canon's website for Pixma G2400.

Any other suggestion?

Ah, I understand now. My bad.
Cannon let you select Linux as OS but the result shows 0 drivers :frowning:

It seems Cannon is the least supported printer in Linux.

I did more search but all information I could find was very old and did not include G2400. At least, the printer driver is included in the kernel and the printer works OOB as you have already experienced. But I found nothing about its scanner function.

I am afraid I cannot help you further as my Linux printer experience is limited to HP and Brother, both of which have open source and/or proprietary drivers.

Not at all. I should've added that I had looked into Canon's website for linux drivers.

Anyway, I don't use scanner often :slight_smile:

Thank you for the responses. I will be on the lookout for any new suggestions...

This stuff is way beyond my skill level, but the following may be relevant.

Though to experiment you'd need to find a way to get the G2400 "declared in the backend so that" it gets "recognized and activated."
(from sane-pixma.5)