Can't able to install mysql again

And this is a screenshot of Synaptic in main machine which has no mySQL. Curiously, there are some mySQL files installed already without me doing anything.

hmm, now without removing anything ,

also i have removed mysql files

as this above link said ,

i m going to install mysql again , hope it will be ok

As far as I know, you should be able to completely remove and re-instal those files provided they are included in the repository.

I think you made the same mistake I made which was deleting the server without properly stopping it. This would leave a bunch of locked files which in turn, prevent re-installation.

Since my server was on a microSD card, I just wiped it and started over rather than fixing it. I could not do the same if it were on my production machine. One more reason to use a separate network server :wink:

1 Like

thanks to all of u , i got my solution , but i can't prefer one answer,
nothing i removed from synaptic .
just i removed mysql properly and installed again

1 Like

I think it is so-called "collective wisdom".
Three heads are better than one!
I think you gave us enough hearts to show your appreciation :wink:

Hopefully the clean re-installation works out for you.

1 Like

The top six mysql items in Synaptic from your screenshot were marked with the Green "installed" icon. Those would have been the only things you needed to remove.

Hahha, i'm doing this so that i will come to know that i hv seen ur post , coz here we can't able to check tht "seen",
Also sometimes i m giving :sparkling_heart: (like) to post , coz we can't write small small words here ...
So this giving heart can be replaced by : ok, thanks, i have seen etc.

Noo, in tht top 6 , last 4th and 5th are not part of sql , that is a part of python programming , that i have installed manually to connect python and mysql , and from there this problem arises , (last week).

Anyways , thanks for everything😊 , u hv helpd
And zorin 16 is very cool , yet i m using beta of it ,
And waiting for stable release ,
Till then i m using 3 OSs in one pc :grin:.

1 Like

That is a fair use of :heart:.
I think we all do that as alternative to "OK", "Thanks", "Good" etc.

2 Likes