Can't disable Zorin Connent notification sync and PC media showing up on phone

Hey all, every time I get a notification on my phone, it shows up on my PC and I'd like to disable that.
On my phone, I have Notification sync disabled in the Zorin Connect app and on my PC I have Notifications turned off, but this doesn't seem to do anything. The notifications I receive do not stay in the notification panel in Zorin, however they do still pop up at the top of the screen and I'd like to disable that.

I would also like to disable the feature where whatever plays on Firefox on my PC, also shows up as an interactive notification on my phone. This isn't firefox, because when I click on the notification, it goes to Zorin Connect. On my phones Zorin Connect app, I have Media player control and Multimedia controls disabled and on my PC, I can't find a setting for this.

This seems to defeat the purpose of the Zorin Connect app. If you just do not want the Zorin Connect service at all, you can remove it:

sudo apt remove gnome-shell-extension-zorin-connect

if you wish to keep Zorin Connect and have it available when you need it and unavailable when you do not want to be disturbed, we may need to do a bit more troubleshooting on the app itself.

I'm not sure what troubleshooting steps I could try. I appreciate everything this service has, all that I don't want are the synced notifications.

I tried Zorin Connect too few but if I remember well there was an option to disable notifications :thinking:. Otherwise, if you don't want them at all you can open Settings > Notifications > click Zorin Connect > tweak as you prefer.

Checking for notifications, I see that I have Zorin Connect twice, why?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.