Can't mount NTFS drive

Hi everyone, I installed Zorin Core and all is well except for another internal hard drive I have with pictures left from my Windows 10 system (sata not USB external).

Under Disks, I see my 2.0TB (empty) NTFS disk which shows mounted and is accessible. But the 500GB Disk, when highlighted has 4 sections (maybe too much info but filter out if needed)
Free Space 3.3GB / Partition 1 124GB Unknown / “Data” Partition 2 378GB NTFS / Free Space 2.1MB

When I highlight the NTFS “Data” Partition:
Device /dev/sda2
UUID is recognized
Partition Type Unknown
Contents NTFS Not Mounted

The “Play” button to mount, when pressed does nothing.
This hard drive was in there when I installed Zorin over the main Windows OS Drive, may be the issue, just not sure what to do.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

What happens if you type command below?

sudo mount /dev/sda2 /media

Tried sudo mount /dev/sda2 /media
Failed to read last sector: Invalid Argument
The device /dev/sda2 doesnt seem to have a valid NTFS

*I was using this HD yesterday on Windows, browsing pictures with no issues or errors

Do you see this partition as NTFS with this command?

sudo fdisk -l

sudo fdisk -1
fdisk: invalid option – ‘1’

This is no 1, but l.
What about different mount point like this:
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /home/USERNAME/exampleOfFolderName
Create some folder like"abc" and try:
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /home/USERNAME/abc

Gotcha. My last training on Linux was back in the 90s so I’m a little rusty.
I re-entered the command with -l and got the following on it, aside from the other disks:

Disk /dev/sda: 465.8Gib ID 42 Type SFS
Disklabel type: dos

Partition 1 does not start on physical sector boundary

(I have two parts on the 500GB drive, partition 1 is 124GB “unknown” so unpartitioned and partition 2 is 373GB NTFS shown in the DISK application)

What about the second suggestion? To change mount point? Will you try this?

Just tried second suggestion. Made a folder called test and typed:
sudo mount /dev/sda2 /home/carl/test and got the same message:
Failed to mount /dev/sda2 invalid argument
The device doesnt seem to have a valid NTFS

I’m starting to think the best thing to do is remove the drive, back it up so I dont lose anything then reformat. Agree? Can’t lose the pics…

When this problem [with this drive] occured? It was since the beginning? Have you tried to reboot computer? I am not an expert, but I think something may freezed.

Appreciate the replies on this! :slight_smile:
Yes I’ve rebooted and the drive was working in Windows yesterday before I installed ZorinOS.

And you installed Zorin today, and it was not working correctly since the beginning?
Are you sure there isn’t any bitlocker or something like this?

That’s correct, no bitlocker or anything. My WIN10 system had a primary 120GB SSD which I installed ZorinOS on, leaving an empty NTFS 2TB drive which mounted and the 500GB NTFS (which was working in Windows) but is not mountable in ZorinOS.