CD Ripper "fre:ac" used to work, but now it doesnt. I get this error

On the "Filesystem" option, enable them all. Then re-open the app. If that doesn't work, give the app the permission to access the /dev folder.

1 Like

So it appears i did what you told me to do?
Screenshot: https://pasteboard.co/uEwTpM1zSOKm.png

fre:ac is still not working, not detecting the cd. Also an odd thing to note, is that when i exit out of flatseal, it doesnt save any of my changes to the settings, it resets it. which i find odd.

would you mind trying to install that as a snap?

flatpak uninstall org.freac.freac

and then

sudo snap install freac

and then:

sudo snap connect freac:removable-media

@Aravisian , don't kill me for this post, but if it works, it works

2 Likes

I agree with you completely. If it works, it works.

1 Like

@Jessie

1 Like

@SignorCastello , sorry for my late reply, that worked, it can connect to my cd drive now! :smiley:
Only problem is, I can only open fre:ac now via the terminal, its installed in the Gnome repository GUI also, but when I hit "launch" it doesnt do anything?

1 Like

Yeah, rebooting your PC should fix this :wink: . It's an issue with newly installed snaps.

1 Like

The fre:ac from the Gnome repository GUI launches now, but it cant detect my cd drive. The fre:ac that i run from terminal via

freac

works great though,it can detect the cd drive. Just wanted to let you know, document that. They are both 1.1.7 version. From my inexperienced eye, it appears they arent syncing properly. But anyways, this is not a serious problem.

Create a desktop launcher with bash -c freac as the exec and it will run the terminal version from the desktop icon.

Search the forum for how to create desktop shortcuts of you're unsure. You can even add that to startup if you choose.

Isn't there a deb package for this? Or even a tar ball for the installation?

1 Like

Thanks! I will do that when i get more time. :slight_smile: i've even figured out a while back on how to create a desktop icon for a wine program,was NOT easy. haha

Is that option :point_down: related to this issue?

Mine is disabled, enabling it I got an error so since then I never enabled it again, it's not necessary to me for now.

No, that option is to enable using either the Zorin OS .iso CD or the LiveUSB as a source from which a user can install software.
Let's say for example that your internet is down or off - but you need to install some software that comes with Zorin OS. You can enable that option, insert the Media and run sudo apt install... as if you were connected to the Zorin Server.

You want that to be disabled. It should only be enabled for specific use cases.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.