Change SUPER-KEY Action

So i just installed Zorin OS on my Main Laptop and when pressing the Windows / Super Key, it opened up the Menu (like Windows). But on my other Laptop it opened up the Overview wich i like MUCH more. How do i change what the Super / Windows Key does?

Open Settings then click on Keyboard Shortcuts.
Here, you can add, remove or change any keyboard shortcut.

I do not use the Gnome desktop (What comes with Zorin OS Core), so I cannot remember the exact details beyond that.

2 Likes

@Aravisian That is wrong, I think

@Aviyr Go to Zorin AppearanceInterfaceLeft Super KeyActivities Overview

@Aravisian Help, THEY CHANGED THE SHORTCUTS AND MY BRAIN IS FAILING.

1 Like

Both ways are correct, though i do remember seeing an easy method to switch the super key function in settings somewhere (zorin appearance or system settings, i don't recall which)

In Zorin Appearance is literally a switch LMAO

@Aviyr If you want to do @Aravisian way, you can. The command below lets you invoke Activities Overview

dbus-send --session --type=method_call --dest=org.gnome.Shell /org/gnome/Shell org.gnome.Shell.Eval string:'Main.overview.show();'

2 Likes

I wasn't sure which settings it was in... thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

That is pretty awesome. I was not aware that setting existed as a specialty.
But it is yet, another case where the ZorinGroup heard the call - in the past that has been a troubling issue often asked about.
They set it as a Direct Setting.
I'll keep this in mind.

1 Like

Is there a way to make this Answer a Solution?

You can if we move the thread to the General Help category.
I just did if you want to mark as solution.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.