Changing the default lockscreen application in lite

Hi,
I have zorin os lite 16 installed and I am trying to change the default lockscreen application - one that is invoked by systemd for locking the screen upon suspend/lid-close on laptop, I have removed xscreensaver and xfce4-screensaver and have installed light-locker (as a backup) and xsecurelock (trying to make this one work).
Invoking xsecurelock by keyboard shortcuts works as I can just change the command it runs from the settings. But the lock-on-suspend is not working. It still brings back the default lock screen despite having changed the entries in both "~/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-power-manager.xml" and "/etc/xdg/xdg-zorin-os-lite/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-power-manager.xml". I also tried creating a systemd service script but that didn't work too and I currently don't have that script anymore. Please help.
Also, If I manage to make it work, how will it affect the next upgrade to version 17?

Have you made any changes to lightDM?

Can you name that application you are installing? It would make things a lot easier...

Haven't made changes to lightdm. Trying to not break anything by mistake.

Trying to install xsecurelock. I have explained the problem above but again the situation is this - xsecurelock works by altering /usr/bin/xflock4 script and power management settings (change all settings from "suspend" to "lock") i.e by keyboard shortcut or just idle screen.
It is not working for lid-close action, system suspend (e.g - systemctl suspend) and upon boot up of the laptop. In this two cases default lockscreen runs.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.