Changing the login background

When selecting a user and then entering the password, it has this blue background which I would like to change. Changing the desktop background didn't have an effect. Where can I change this?

Read:

1 Like

Good luck with changing it.... This is one of many reasons I switched to using Cinnamon and Lightdm

2 Likes

Hey, I can't seem to get this to work, every path that i enter just returns

cp: cannot stat ' ': No such file or directory

The file definitely exists at that location, so I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong

Can you post what command you are using that leads to that message?

sudo ./change-gdm-background [Path to the image]

Does the path need to be absolute? I tried both relative and absolute and both fail

It should work on either. Can you post the path?

Hello BluishRed,

I also wanted to check this out. Downloaded the file, ran it and encountered the same problems you have -> "No such file or directory".
This is because the path mentioned in the batch file is not correct you will have to manually change this.

the lines:

if [ "$(lsb_release -i | awk '{print $3}')" == 'Ubuntu' ]; then
    gdm3Resource=/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/Yaru/gnome-shell-theme.gresource
elif [ "$(lsb_release -i | awk '{print $3}')" == 'Pop' ]; then
    gdm3Resource=/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/Pop/gnome-shell-theme.gresource

should be changed to:

if [ "$(lsb_release -i | awk '{print $3}')" == 'Zorin' ]; then
    gdm3Resource=/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/ZorinBlue-Light/gnome-shell-theme.gresource
elif [ "$(lsb_release -i | awk '{print $3}')" == 'Zorin' ]; then
    gdm3Resource=/usr/share/gnome-shell/theme/ZorinBlue-Light/gnome-shell-theme.gresource

Hope this helps.

Ps, if you get stuck while trying to login, then perhaps you should do the hard restart.
Worked for me.

2 Likes

This worked like a charm, thanks everyone!

1 Like

Good job, nice work - this is my login screen.

Perhaps we can have a new topic like -> Show your login screen. :wink:

1 Like

I have not downloaded the github version. I downloaded the file from an alternative site. But still reading the file from github, it seems to me the mentioned "path" to the gnome-shell-theme.gresource file is not correct.

And I don't know if it's the same file, because after running the batchfile the link has been removed (if there was any). So I can't check this anymore.

No its not Identical. If you compare them the paths are diff.
But the elif is to much. The "if" statement is good enough to run the file, for Zorin that is.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.