Clean reinstall of Chrome

No error but I can't tell if it did anything or not. I think there might be less files there? I'll reboot now anyway.

The rm -rf would have probably resolved that, but as you said there area lot there and not all from today, I considered maybe you do not want them deleted and opted that you move them to a backup file, out of the path that Chrome is able to read, for now.

Thanks so much for your help over this. The files look like they're back again but it did log me out of chrome. I'll log back in to Quickbooks and see.

It seems microsoft wish to have control, google chrome saves your chrome profile.
Solution seems to be , open settings in chrome & create a new profile, then delete old profile.
Hope this may help

It took a bit to log in and authenticate everywhere. However the issues is still there.

Oh no! It's a business profile! I can't just delete it. I can use Firefox for Quickbooks and Chrome for everything else. But that's really annoying.

Thank you both for helping me out. If the issue is chrome, not Zorin, I'm going to see if I can get some help from Google through Workspace.

1 Like

This is an odd one... showing in incognito, but not regular view?
You may need to ask QuickBooks directly about this one.
For all intents and purposes, you can say you are using Ubuntu 20.04 in order to avoid any, "That distro is unsupported" comment.

I went to Quickbooks first. They were the ones that suggested I try it in the incognito window. They then said to update chrome than follow some google instructions that lead me to uninstall and reinstall because I got frustrated by the instructions. I had better start there again.

1 Like

Thanks for that. That's good to know.

try this ,?
Open Chrome. In Settings,Click Reset settings >Restore settings to their original defaults> Reset settings

2 Likes

Thank you! That fixed it. Now I have to redo my security settings and see what broke it.

1 Like

Your Welcome & good luck :smile:

Just in case any one else has the same issue - it was uBlock Origin.

1 Like

And, now that I think about it, that's annoying. I didn't install uBlock on this computer or give it permissions. I added it on my personal laptop yesterday. I must have been logged in to both accounts because Chrome installed it on my work computer and turned it on without me realising.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.