Code::Block IDE issue

My mental image:

Joke aside, I think you will find more people doing the same thing you are trying to do at VMware forum.

I used to be there quite often when I was using VMware Fusion on Hackintosh.

Wait, that does NOT sound right.
Many users are dual-booting with Windows 10/11 without any issue including myself.

1 Like

I'm dual booting Windows with Zorin16 Core. The folder Xmu is all there.
While updating Windows, it never and really never has updated my Linux grub.
But then my mainboot is Linux/Zorin16 Core, perhaps yours is otherwise that's why its updating the boot records for Windows.

Then I am recalling the early days of Win10 where the grub was wiped every update stopping the ability to Dual-boot, and kept it as a note of Win10 issues.

I think those days are (luckily) over.

In your use case, I think
dual-boot
or
Linux host + Windows guest
would be a better setup.

1 Like

Yep, I agree with FrenchPress.

It gives you more control over the pc. I'm hardly booting Windows nowadays. But I just speak form myself, some to have to use Windows for work or school like every day perhaps. But still using it as guest is a great feature.

1 Like

Hey

I have the answer to the issue, a Code::Blocks developer helped me get to the answer and the cause is related to the software centre, as the software center installed the IDE as a flatpak and this was the issue. All IDEs in the software centre should NEVER touch flatpaks and should use the apt package manager.

As flatpaks sandbox the software and thus locks out access to needed resources for making programs that use those resources like X11 headers and a number of other headers and libraries.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update and the reply.

When Snap and Flatpak were first introduced, Ubuntu was a bit deceptive with the Software store and the terminal both being directed to install Snaps or Flatpaks without alerting the user and without the users consent.
Retroactively, Ubuntu then tried to "correct" this by renaming gnome-software "The Snap Store."
Cute. Didn't go over very well.

In Zorin OS 16, the Zoringroup added a Source button onto the Software Store, so users could easily see and choose whether to get the deb, Snap or Flatpak, restoring user Choice in the matter. Sadly, Ubuntu and Gnome still control development of Gnome-Software and the Ubuntu Store.

No problem, I asked and found an answer and that answer could be helpful to those that encounter a similar issue.

Yeah, I used the terminal to install the right one to avoid issues.
You should make a note of it, that if a program is not completely working, to uninstall it and install it via terminal encase of flatpak/snap install issues.

And wow, Ubuntu that was smooth, as smooth as gravel.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.