Confirmed working PC Hardware (old and new)

This is also a good idea that I approve of, and since you organized the carboard to go with the documentation of the machine, there won't be any question as to which machine that sticker refers to. I assume you keep the purchase receipt as well.

The only bad thing about buying online, is you don't get a physical purchase receipt. Although, if you have access to a printer like I do, you could just print our your invoice, which is pretty much the same thing as a physical receipt, just 8 by 11 size lol.

1 Like

Laptop: Acer Predator G9-793-71SJ. Did some upgrades this year, I removed the Toshiba XG3 M.2 512GB and the 2TB 5400rpm HDD drive. In this machine there are 3 slots so i filled them all. Also this laptop came with 16GB ram, i added 2 extra modules to get 32GB.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700HQ (2.80 MHz normal 3,8 MHz on turbo)
RAM: 32 GB DDR4 2400 MHz (Hynix HMA81GS6AFR8N-UH)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
NVMe: Samsung 980 1TB (PCIe 3.0 NVMe™ M.2 SSD)
SSD 1: WD Blue SSD M.2 1TB (3D v-nand (TLC))
SSD 2: Samsung 870 QVO 2TB
Screen: 17,3 inch (4K)

The laptop can switch the optical dvd drive easily for a fan "drive". Took this foto from the net, so people got the idea what i mean.

2 Likes

Thank you for showing off some delicious photo's of your computer. I see your computer does the RGB scene as well, that probably is quite mesmerizing too hehe. The perty colors :heart_eyes:

I did not know about that little detail with your computer, that you can swap out the ROM drive, so you can install a fan unit, to cool a gaming machine that is going to need cooling, more then it needs a plastic ring inside it.

I think its cool that you upgraded the RAM in it, with 32GB, all the RAM you will ever need. No game shall stop you, HAHA!

2 Likes

Compared to your awesome led lights, mine already looks to old haha. Your lights looks like the tail from the millennium falcon.

2 Likes

Well, it was indeed manufactured in the same Corilian factory that the freighters are made. We gotta really utilize those uni-body designs, its kind of a requirement. HAHA OK, you showed me your computer's rear-cooling vents.

So that means, now I gotta show my computer's rear-cooling vents, so lets compare!
IMG-2649

And to make sure you all see whats under the hood, I need to post this too. You can visit my imgbb account profile to see all my pictures on this beast. For now, here's one more.
IMG-2661

FrenchPress like spaghetti and Quantum Entanglement, the vapor heat pipes look a bit tangled, but its functionally tangled HEHE.

2 Likes

You opened your laptop to show here on the forum ? :hot_face:.

2 nvme slots right ? and a processor without cooler :wink:

2 Likes

I see the heat is building within you, thats love for delicious PCB HEHE.

LOL, I don't believe that is the actual processor, its more then likely the chipset. As the CPU and the GPU both have heatpipe contact with direct fan cooling.

You are correct, there is 2-NVME slots, with only 1 populated for now. I'd love to install a second one, but current prices on NVME drives of equivalent speed and size are too expensive right now.

SO I am using an external SSD drive for now until I can afford to buy a second NVME drive, probably when our tech shortage finally freaking ends lol. And I did forget that I have 4 RAM slots, cause I know two are populated for 32GB.

Max RAM support with this chipset on the board, is 64GB. But I don't run a bunch of VM's, so I have 0 need for that much RAM, it would likely not even get 50% used if I did lol.

Notice the quality Japanese caps on the board? Yeah, no skimping for junk here.

2 Likes

Forgot the About :slight_smile:

ESXi 7.0U2d VM's run around 5-10 of those.

Windows 10 Inside of Zorin :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, don't forget about the About, cause its always about them specs, them specs, them specs them specs, your frequencies high, your RAM is high, temperature's rising, coil wine singing, VM time baby..............Windows 10. Ohhhhhhh alamode!

I did not know that Windows 10 used that much RAM, 7.8GB. I wonder if Windows11 is going to be any better? Probably not, what we have been seeing over the years, is Windows keeps upping the RAM requirements.

It does. Even with 430 telemetry stuff blocked, uninstalled most applications, turned off unnecessary services; it uses around 1/2 of my 8GB of system RAM on idle.

Eeewww, me no lickey! :face_vomiting:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.