Ctrl, Alt, and windows keys not working

Hi,

I just found that the Ctrl, Alt, windows key on my keyboard seem not working on Zorin. I opened keyboard layout and tried them but not working

tnx

I created a new thread for you.
We ask forum members to create a new thread for an unrelated issue to keep the thread tidy.

2 Likes

Can you please check your Region and Language settings and your Keyboard layout?

1 Like

What are you expecting them to do?

Sorry, it was me to put a wrong title.
I misunderstood the question by OP.
I fixed it now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Are you using them in some combination ( like ctrl+C etc) or ?
Other buttons working ok ?

1 Like

Hi

My region is Iran and keyboard layout both English & Persian I have. When I open keyboard layout (i.e., English) on the taskbar, on-screen keyboard appears, all the keys work well as I press them but as for ctrl, alt and super (windows key), when I press them on keyboard, the shift key on the on-screen keyboard will blink. Also, I really need to know the shortcut key for switching between keyboard languages like that of alt+shift in windows.

Thank you in advance for your time

All the buttons working well except ctrl, alt & super which seem not working. Every combination I tried with alt, ctrl and super, but it seems not working

Can you check in keyboard shortcut in settings , maybe those combination is already binded to something else.

If not, maybe try to change keyboard layout to English default

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.