Customising Plank

I have recently install Plank Dock. I want to make that my default dock so for that I want to add the Zorin OS Icon in plank to launch start up menu. And I also want so theme if available :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Hello

You can get themes on gnome-look.org. The themes you install it in ~/.local/share/plank/themes

Also you can have multiply planks running. Here's an example of my planks;

The one to the right is set to autohide and will only emerge when you the mouse in near the edge.

1 Like

Thank you for the website :grin:
Can I set this as my default dock and disable default dock?

Are you using the MacOS layout? If so revert back to default and move the current panel up and customize it to your desire. (By right click on the panel -> Zorin Appearance -> Interface -> Taskbar settings)

To make plank start at startup, use the "Startup Application"
In command box write plank

1 Like

Currently I'm using Zorin OS 15.3 Lite. So I have the default theme as there is no option to change that :joy:. But how to add Launcher icon in the plank dock?

Usually you start the application, then right click on the icon in plank and choose "keep in dock".
Other option is to drag .desktop files into the plank. You'll find them at ~/.local/share/applications if it's local installed applications if the application is installed globally (which is often/always) the .desktop files are placed in /usr/share/applications
Note if you installed flatpak/snap apps I don't have a clue where they installed their .desktop files, better to launch these apps and "keep in dock" with them.

2 Likes

Thank you so much :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.