Dconf Editor

After a 23hr blackout and 32hr with no cell or internet service caused by Typhoon Odette I'm back .... first time I've had the eye of a typhoon pass right over me .... darn scary .... hurricanes .... lots of times .... but typhoons never ....

Anyway in order to get my shutter sound to work Aravisian had a great solution to problem ....

It works great but just one small problem .... each time I close Zorin for any reason when I open it back up the event-sounds reverts back to false .... everything else is fine ....

I have to do the same thing with my NordVpn but that is normal for that app as that is the way they made it work for Linux ....

Minor problem as I have added dconf Editor to my task bar to make it easier to change the setting ..... any suggestions ????

1 Like

Try: cinnamon settings > Accessibility > Keyboard > Enable audio alerts

2 Likes

Glad you're safe and the family too. Plus back up and running

1 Like

Thank you Bubby yes we are all save thank god very little damage except when the power is out we have no water as we are on a well ....

I got to be quick as the net is fluctuating like crazy never know when it is up or down .... because of all the damage they said it may be days before things get back to normal but a lot of areas were hit a lot worse then us .... but we do have power ... LOL

2 Likes

Thanks seemed to work .... net is up and down like a basket ball so I can't be long winded ... LOL

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.