Default audio output configuration - ZorinOS 16 Core

I use the sound card built into the motherboard (MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK) and in the audio settings I have 3 options:

1.Digital Output (S/PDIF) - Starship/Matise HD Audio Controller
2.HDMI/DisplayPort3 - GP104 HD Audio Controller
3.HDMI/DisplayPort - GP104 HD Audio Controller

When the system starts, option 1 is enabled by default in the settings - Digital Output (S/PDIF) - Starship/Matise HD Audio Controller. Changing to option 2 manually (HDMI/DisplayPort3 - GP104 HD Audio Controller) or 3 (HDMI/DisplayPort - GP104 HD Audio Controller) does not change anything - I still have no sound from the monitor speakers.

When connecting headphones to the front panel input, headphone sound and menu option 4 appear automatically Headphones - Starship/Matise HD Audio Controller. With the headphones still plugged in, changing the menu to option number 2 causes me to have sound from the monitor speakers. After unplugging the headphones the speakers still work but plugging them back in does not change the output to headphones.

How to configure the settings so that when you start the computer the default output is set to output 2, plugging in headphones automatically changes the output to headphones and disconnecting them changes it to output 2??

You need to create a 'blacklist.conf' file in etc by blacklisting number 1 - see the guide I posted from another source that I used to get my SoundBlaster Audigy working:

Blacklisting unfortunately does not solve the problem because as you can see below I only have one audio device so disabling it causes no sound.

nano /proc/asound/modules

0 snd_hda_intel
 1 snd_hda_intel

Just blacklist

1 snd_hda_intel

Your sound should come out of zero which is 3 in your first post?
Try that.

This is what it looks like after snd_hda_intel being blacklisted. no sound.

Just the one channel did you rem out or did you rem out both? I only suggested one of the two listed - try rem'ing out the other and see if sound then - if not you have an unusual Intel Sound configuration.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.