Deleted partition during installation

Yes but he changed ntfs to ext4.
Then he changed a diffrent partitioning.
Well people told me from IT this is impossible back files if you formating from ntfs to ext4.
Yes they have some specialized software but they used in some special tools.
Propably Kali is for that or another special software.

I wanted to back my lost files

Lost file isn't a operating system. Lost files it could be everything.
For that you need a second pc to using a software what can back your lost data files. I don't know if you can unmount your harddisk. If not and this is a laptop propably you need a special cable. This all will be very long.
We cannot help you to much because we support problems with Zorin operating system.
If you want recover your lost data files you can contact with your pc seller or corporation what produce that machine what you bought or searching on webbrowser how to back your data files.
We are cannot be responsibility for your mistakes.
It is also good idea put your problem on another social internet example facebook or reddit.
I have that problem once in my life and after doing something new before lost data files i creating backup - learning lesson.
I know the IT people told me this is impossible.
Propably some special service can do that or you can just trying do that with some software what have some 5 stars on webside.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.