Desktop display problems after sleep mode and via teamviewer

Hey there,

I'm using a fresh installation of the pro version. After going into sleep mode and turning off the monitor and reactivation the machine the desktop seems not working. I just see an empty desktop and nothing else, no icons, no task bar and I can not do anything. I need to restart to use the system.

some similar problem I have when I try to connect via teamviewer. I just see a confused and a kind of distorted desktop.

Maiby someone have an idea.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600
GPU: RTX 3700
Monitor: 3440 x 1440

Thanks

Can you paste the terminal output of

uname -a

The most likely cause of gnome-shell crashing after resume is a gnome-shell-extension interfering with the shell.
The only "fix" I know of is to disable all extensions:

sudo apt install gnome-tweaks

Open Gnome Tweaks from the app menu (Tweaks) and then the Extensions tab from the left pane - Then test, re-enabling one extension at a time until you see a crash. This narrows down which extension is causing the trouble.
Once identified, you can then try re-installing that extension or if it persists to be troublesome, removing that extension.

result of uname -a:

Linux nimora-MS-7C37 5.11.0-34-generic #36~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Fri Aug 27 08:06:32 UTC 2021 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I will try to test the tweaks.

thanks

@NiMora FYI. I have edited your thread title to make it clearer and to correct typo's.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.