Did you guys knew this?

CLEAR WARNING :warning:

DO NOT DO THIS! DO NOT RUN THIS COMMAND UNLESS YOU KNOW THE OUTCOME! THIS COULD DAMAGE YOUR SYSTEM BEYOND REPAIR :cry:

I was just testing some distros in distrotest.net and I noticed ferenos I tested it for a while and decided to destroy the system
I run "sudo rm -rf --no-preserve-root"
And this happened LOL :rofl:

These are more funny comments check that yourself

Do you guys know any distro doing this?

1 Like

Yes, the rm command is "remove." The -rf means "Recursive Files." In other words: Remove Everything.
It will wipe your drive. :wink:
This command will work on any distro and will work on MacOS.
It can also do a lot of damage on Windows systems, too.

1 Like

I know that but the output of the command should be destruction :bomb:

But the feren OS keeps giving funny output :rofl:

I have tested in Zorin os but didn't give me any funny comments instead of executing the command

1 Like

Quite a lot of distros know to protect against running this command nowadays, don't they? Though probably not as funny as Feren's there -- and not that I feel like testing it with my production machine here, heh.

1 Like

Removing shared mime info will do the same . Don't try it ! Beware of fork-bomb commands also.

The r is recursive, the f is force, as in don't ask again.

1 Like

Update kernel to newest also need to be a Warning. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the correction. I really should have known that... Flyin' by the seat o' my pants, there...

1 Like

Okay, just tried it in Zorin. It doesn't make jokes, it just hosed my system.*

*In a throwaway VM, that is... I'm not that crazy... O_o

2 Likes

There were some cowboys back on the old forum when I was the sole moderator at the time as other chief moderator was absent due to illness - they claimed he was dead and issued this command to "speed up your computer"! Numpties!

1 Like

Zorin developers should add something like that to protect the system from destruction :skull_and_crossbones:

In my opinion, it is a must addition :innocent:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.