DirectX 12 (Linux) More data collected by Microsoft

I read that microsoft wants to help Linux to make DirectX 12 available for Linux. Checking this up i came across this github page. I am not sure if that one will be the Linux one, if so i try to avoid it.

Data Collection

The software may collect information about you and your use of the software and send it to Microsoft. Microsoft may use this information to provide services and improve our products and services. You may turn off the telemetry as described in the repository. There are also some features in the software that may enable you and Microsoft to collect data from users of your applications. If you use these features, you must comply with applicable law, including providing appropriate notices to users of your applications together with a copy of Microsoft's privacy statement. Our privacy statement is located at Microsoft Privacy Statement – Microsoft privacy. You can learn more about data collection and use in the help documentation and our privacy statement. Your use of the software operates as your consent to these practices.

Note however that no data collection is performed when using your private builds.

1 Like

One what i know it could be a Microsoft trying collect information how linux working and people who wrote a code then they can just using his code if his free open source also i wondering if Microsoft want in future build a "Linux Operating System" - one they have. This in generally corporation go with that to take full control on any another smaller bussiness. In other sides i know Open Suse was sold with huge amount money. That means linux exist everywhere.

Good to know. I’m glad I’m not going beyond the last decade when it comes to games.

1 Like

When I have more years i don't to much interesting a games. Example on epic store i have many them on library but never played or installed. I don't know maybe because when we have more years we are changing and that awfull cold winter.

Oh please, Bourne.
What do you know of awful cold winters in Poland? Here in California, we know real winters. 60F and we all die. :crazy_face: :cold_face:

2 Likes

I am in Norway. Soon will be 10 years.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.