Discussing Dyslexic fonts and Office Suites!

Probably to prevent users from printing out illegible "Missing Cat" Flyers that non-dyslexic people cannot decipher. :smiley:

1 Like

It is a bit of side note, but my ex was a school teacher and he studied a dyslexia as a part of his training. He has discovered that dyslexia is almost non-existent in countries like China and Japan, where fonts have a pictogram nature compared with Latin alphabets countries.

This makes sense to me. In the Roman Lettering, we do not actually look at each character. It is more 'pattern recognition' of the word as a whole. Which is why we can read txtspk.

Arabic does not bother with Vowels, at all. They are implied in writing and only exist in spoken form. So all Arabic is txtspk.

1 Like

Which makes Japanese character sets even more interesting. Unlike Chinese we have three different character sets, namely, Hiragana, Katakana and Kanji (Chinese character).

The first 2 are purely phonetic like alphabets.
Sometimes we play with those different sets of characters to make jokes which are impossible to explain for non-Japanese speaking people.

Sure - feel free to move it. :wink:

I have simply posted a link to this item from your overarching Accessibility Thread.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.