Discussing things you must do after installing Zorin 16

All of the above is good advice. A note on these:

0ad is a game that many may enjoy, but users should know it is a game before installing it.:wink:
The app gparted is included in Zorin. VLC (media player) and Gimp (Similar to photoshop) are a matter of user preference in apps.

The rest are good recommendations and TLP and Preload can increase operating speed while reducing battery drain.

7 Likes

Just want to say I like 0ad. Same for BAR (Beyond All Reason). Both are great games.

2 Likes

Please take screenshot of game and post it

1 Like

Both or which one?

EDIT: I'll post it tomorrow. Got to get stuff done then sleep. lol

1 Like

@StarTreker

0ad

BAR

5 Likes

Friends can you share your own experience. After you guys installed Zorin. What will you do? Either in Laptop or Computer. Don't send the tutorial link.

2 Likes

Personally, these are the things I do after installation:

Change swappiness to 15, enabling firewall, removing firefox and replace with Brave, installing synaptic, removing xfburn, some games and apps I know I will not use, fixing screen tearing, making my desktop theme turn to dark mode and done.

Edit: forgot to mention updating OS. hahaha. but whether you choose or not, it will notify you to update.

4 Likes

I add android compatibility with waydroid when i set up zorin for them :wink:

4 Likes

I take timeshift snapshots. one of a clean install so i can always start fresh, then a couple others after i adjust settings making sure privacy and sharing are off, trash gets autocleaned, turn screen timeout to 15 minutes, profile pic, etc. After that i install apps, do some customization, install some extras like preload, tlp, firefox config adjustments, extensions, unrestricted extras, microsoft fonts, and an optimization profile.

after all that i take a final timeshift snapshot on my desktop and a full backup to a usb since one time i destroyed my os and couldnt even boot in to do a backup. here's pretty much each stage in case i need to revert to any point in time

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.