Discussion on bleachbit fix

I never experienced this issue myself. This is how my Bleachbit looks like.

I wonder what makes this difference between your installation and mine.

You keep titlebuttons on the left...
The divider line between the panes still looks very close on yours. Maybe sizing matters, too? Not sure.
Here are Before and After on mine in several different themes:
Before:

After:

Now I understand.
When I select the each item, I did see the scroll bar which is indeed too close to the buttons.
I did not notice till now since it never bothered me.

I imagine that Scrollbar Overlay and some themes will make a difference. You can see in the screenshots above, especially the one on the right - that the scrollbar actively covers the checkboxes partially. On mine, on some, it covered most of the checkboxes, leaving only a sliver of space to try to check or uncheck the box. So, it may vary person to person where the checkboxes are jammed up against the edge or are actually covered slightly to a lot.

I managed to take a screen shot with a scroll bar showing.

It is very close to the buttons but not covering them.

Yes, your checkboxes are very near but your MenuItem extends past the scrollbar. The two widgets should not get so close, much less interact like that.
bb-cover(ish)

This offered solution is for those who do have more interaction between the widgets:
bb-interact

Including Accessibility, for those that need Wider Scrollbars for better visibility.
https://www.google.com/search?channel=fs&client=ubuntu&q=wider+scrollbars+for+better+visibility+ubuntu

2 Likes

Wow! You indeed have sharp eyes.
I did not notice it till you pointed out.

If fact, I rarely use a scroll bar.
As I explained somewhere else, my wrist problem prevents me from using mouse for some years. I almost always use two finger scroll on my trusted Apple Magic trackpad.

2 Likes

I make themes...

These are among things I actively look for while testing my own monstrous creations.

2 Likes

--Moved to Tutorials and Guides --

1 Like

I didn't have this problem either, installed, opened and no trace of this issue, the scrollbar is far from the checkballs.

Do you remember the version of when this thing was happening? I think it has been fixed.

It has not been fixed. It is still present.

It just varies on whether a user encounters it based on the Margins used. That is all.

There are many issues on Linux that do not affect all users on Linux. Good for them.
But for those are are affected, it is nice to have a fix available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.