Disk partioning before installing Zorin OS 15.3

Before installing Zorin OS core 15.3 on the SSD, I would like to partition the disk. (1) Do I need four partitions (one partition for each operation system Windows 10 Professional and Zorin OS core 15.3, one partition for programs like Libreoffice etc. that is used by either OS, and one partition for data like documents etc.), or do I need three partitions (one partition for Windows 10 Professional and programs, one partition for Zorin OS core 15.3 and programs, and one partition for data)? (2) What size should each of the partitions have? (3) Do I have to partition the SSD under Windows before I install Zorin as a second OS? Hardware in use: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, Intel Core i7-8565U QuadCore (1.8-4.6 GHz), 16GB RAM, Intel UHD 620 Grafic shared, 1TB SSD (presently 205GB in use, of which programs (x86) occupy 2.08GB and programs 2.05GB). Thank You for Your advice.

Basic partition scheme for Zorin is described here:

You may also wish to download and read @swarfendor unofficial manual for Zorin 15 here:

Note: For SSD you need to use a non-journaling filesystem to avoid wear, so format partitions using EXT2, not EXT4 which is normally used for HDD.

Also should enable TRIM. See here:

Marked solution. 23

@carmar Your words "Marked solution. nn" initially gave me the impression that post #nn has been set as Solution. I wonder if others have been confused as well.
If you just say "Marked solution" that is sufficient.

Whilst I would generally applaud your housekeeping efforts, there is a downside in selecting posts as Solution in old threads. I for one have had to update one of my posts (not this thread though) marked as Solution, as the content was specific to Z15 not Z16.

Sorry about the headaches. A lot of it was inspired by selfish reasons. When I search for solutions for my own needs, I notice a whole bunch of unsolved posts. To save my own time I first click on the solved ones because at that moment I’m too busy to read through all the unsolved ones to see if they’re relevant. So I decided that now since I have time I’ll go through a few each day and mark.

To clarify, the numbers after “Marked Solution” are just counts of how many threads have been marked. The forum doesn’t allow me to post the same text for subsequent posts, so instead of random text I figured it’s easier to at least provide something meaningful albeit not useful to anyone. Hence just the numbers.