Display Flickering on Top of the display

I'm using Zorin OS 16.2 on my Asus laptop (integrated radeon graphic, no external GPU).

I sometimes see display flickering on the top. Is it due to "amdgpu"?

Are you using the Oibaf AMD drivers?

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers

sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade

What is your Resolution refresh rate? Have you tried changing it?

No. I'm using the default driver that comes with Zorin OS.

The refresh rate is 60.01 HZ

I suggest trying the Oibaf Drivers. I never once had any trouble with them.

Looks like oibaf drivers are not supported on Focal.

1 Like

Thanks for informing me... That is a recent change. Apparently, Oibaf repo is only supporting the very latest Ubuntu incarnations.
Figures.

1 Like

Do you have any information on when Zorin switches to jammy?

I do not.

I can point you toward comments made by @AZorin and @zorink in regards to the expected release of Zorin OS 17.

However, the trend so far has been that Zorin OS follows the base in linear fashion.
That is... one LTS to the next. Zorin OS 12 was based on Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial). Zorin OS 15 (13 and 14 were skipped in order to account for two interim Zorin OS releases early on that lacked the standard numbering scheme and the ZorinGroup opted to restore that number scheme in Z15) is based on Ubuntu 18.04 (Bionic). Zorin OS 16 is based on Ubuntu 20.04 (Focal).
This leads us to belive that Zorin OS 17 will be based on 22.04 (Jammy)

Given the direction of Exterior Developers and Linux as a whole; I am finding it more and more likely that by the time of release of Zorin OS 17, I will no longer be using Zorin OS as my Daily Driver.

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: The Direction of Gnome

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.