Displays WIFI adapter not found after sometimes

Hi, I installed Zorin OS 16 PRO on my hp elitedesk 800 g3. Initially the internet was not detected so I connected a LAN cable for the installation. After installation and software updates, available WIFI networks started to appear. then I connected to my WIFI and working for sometimes. all of a sudden my internet got disconnected and all the WIFI networks disappeared (even neighbors WIFIs) I restared PC and WIFI was connected again. after sometimes same thing happened. I don't think this is a hardware failure since my PC works well with windows and My other devices were connected to WIFI while Zorin showed no WIFI adapters
Hope someone can help. thank you in advance

Are you using a Notebook Computer?
IF so, may need to disable powersave that cuts wifi if Notebook battery is draining:

sudo nano /etc/NetworkManager/conf.d/default-wifi-powersave-on.conf

You will see:

[connection]
wifi.powersave = 3

Change the 3 to a 2 to disable powersave, so that it looks exactly like:

[connection]
wifi.powersave = 2

To save and exit; tap the keyboard shortcut ctrl+x, then the y key to say yes to save then the enter key to save as current configuration.

1 Like

Thank you @Aravisian The problem seems not to be happening now. ( before applying the fix) let me check if that is happening again.
Thanks again

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.