Does anyone one here use or has used XnView MP for photos

Anyone using or has used XnView MP for viewing photos .... if so I need to ask you some questions .... if you haven't please don't bother to answer my post .... as I have already checked this forum and I can't access their website as I have been banned and all DDG inquiries send me to their forum ....

And yes XnView MP is available on Linux ....

Perhaps at some point you would care to share why?

2 Likes

Yup .... in order to ask a question you have to open an account .... I was not excepted I was labeled a spammer and banned ..... same thing happened when I tried to join the Ubuntu forum ....

irfanview i also remember but long time i used xnview and is ok.
In 90- years i remember acdsee v 3.0

1 Like

I have installed XNview MP, but at the moment I don’t have my Zorin here, so maybe I cannot answer many questions.
Only that I love this program and I found a perfect replacement for Irfanview

1 Like

Maybe I need to clarify ..... this is usually due to the country I live in ...... it is known as the spamming and pirating capital of the world ..... which is why I chose to use a VPN ..... but it could be that the ISP I chose is not in the same time zone as I am and that can make your VPN ISP get flagged and is null and void to some sites .... gonna change that today and choose an ISP in my time zone .....

Thanks for your reply but I believe I found the answer myself ..... it had to do as to why you have to double click on a lot of features when using XnView MP ....

1 Like

Just wanted to update my experience using XnView MP .... after days of trial and error I real enjoy using it now and find it has all of InfranViews features and then some ....

I have come to understand why XnView has so many double clicks to open items and find that very easy to become accustom to and actually makes the program run that much smoother .... the batch file process is better than the one in InfraView which is something I thought I would never say ....

The addition of a smaller painting feature is extra nice and unobtrusive especially for blocking out parts of photo details or other info .... and unlike Gimp it is not overloaded with painting features that I really have no use for .... I just need a simple black out editing with the paint brush ....

1 Like

I remember XnView very good. I remember also acdsee but this is no support on linux. ShareX is new some project.

Good for printscreen and another things idk if this support on linux and tested also very usefull toy.

1 Like

The XnView MP is for Linux .... I'm using it now and it works very well once you get used to it .....

Go to the bottom of the page and choose ..... I chose .deb

Linux

Deb package or tgz archive

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.