Does purchasing Zorin Pro 16 allow you to download later point releases?

Hi there. If I purchase Zorin Pro 16, am I also entitled to download later following Zorin Pro 16 point releases or am stuck to the original release version? The reason I am asking this is that sometimes, 1-2 years later, I am reinstalling the Pro version once again and don't wanna download all the updates since the original release date. Cheers

Choosing Zorin OS 16 Pro includes all point releases within the Main Release. Your updates will show up if your Software Updater is set (Which it is by default) to alert with new updates.

Zorin Pro is more repaired and working better from standard Zorin XFCE and Core?

No,
Zorin OS Pro comes with more layouts and more preinstalled Software. It also provides funding for continued development.
The ZorinGroup Does Not Lock Zorin OS behind any kind of paywall.
You get the same functionality and performance offered per desktop environment across either Free versions or the Pro versions.

Zorin Pro is not something you need, it is something you want.
As such, purchasing Pro will not solve functionality or performance issues.
For that, Troubleshooting is necessary, in the same manner as needed on any other distro or OS.

2 Likes

So like every usually paying software have more possibilities what standard don't have that. Then standard Zorin is something like a demo full demonstration and Zorin Pro is full paying software with more possibilities tools. software etc.

Zorin Pro contains more tools and software.
But I would not call Zorin Free a demonstration. It is a full functioning Desktop. It is the entire operating system.

What users get for choosing Zorin OS Pro:

• Software that is well-meshed and professionally installed. The user does not need to install that software or troubleshoot the installation of it.
  • Introduction to software that they might not have installed otherwise, but enjoy now that they have experienced it.
  • Professional OS installation assistance from the ZorinGroup to install Zorin OS Pro.
  • Extra Layouts; so that users can swiftly and no-fuss change the layout without having to figure out a way of doing so.
  • Supporting Development.

Zorin OS is 100% Free and if a user chooses Zorin OS Pro, the additional software that comes preinstalled is all also Free and Free Open Source Software.
A Zorin OS Free user can install any of that software at no financial cost.

1 Like

Thank you for clear answear @Aravisian with all details.