Doubt on update zorin 16 stable release

@Aravisian I assume you "liked" that bit of my post. :smiley:

Actually, I was just noting agreement about mentioning the Sound Card as another Achilles heel.

1 Like

misery loves company :grin:

I am new to this forum so I don't know how to post, hence this query in a reply. Hope someone answers my "pre-sale" question.
I want to buy Zorin Ultimate but I want a version with Wine pre-installed. I also would like a list of tested compatible tible printer/scanners that work seamlessly with Zorin, so I can buy the inkjet printer and not waste my money on Amazon on a printer that does not work with Zorin linux specifically. Kindly advise please,so I can place my order with confidence. Y0ur distro looks amazing. ;-)Thanks.

On the Forum top page, click on a button (on the right) "+ New Topic"

All versions comes with "Software" with a button to install Wine. All you need to do is click on the button.

HP printers are very well supported in Linux.
https://developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing

thanks for your reply.When will zorin 16 be out of beta. I want a stable edition.
As far as your low "shareware" price for Ultimate, I suggest it be be changed to $99.00 for a lifetime license;- the same price as Windows 10 Home on Amazon, where you should also sell your distro on a USB pen drive with printer drivers and Wine preinstalled for DOS-hating Windows users making the switch. The existing "free" versions of Zorin can be offered using the "freemium" model for $39. In other words they will be "Home/Student" editions, while Ultimate will be the "Pro version (with extended support) for $99. thanks.

This is not how FOSS works.

3 Likes

@pjp5 Zorin have a package called "Windows App Support" which you should find listed in the Software centre. That includes Wine and Play-on-Linux to aid people to run Windows apps on ZorinOS.
Whilst that was written initially at time of Z15, I expect it is still valid for Z16.
See this: