Downloaded Zorin OS 16 Pro but no themes

lsb_release: error: No arguments are permitted

Command 'Neofetch' not found, did you mean:

command 'neofetch' from deb neofetch (7.0.0-1)

I don't think I have stuff installed that you guys do, so neither of those commands are achieving anything in terminal. I do have screenfetch installed, and I am always posting those on the forum

Zorin OS 16 PRO Screenfetch Kernel 5.11.38

You have a space between the dash and the a.

I fully agree that it would be a helpful move if lsb_release listed Core, Pro or Lite. This is an aspect that confuses a lot of users.
And some users do not know if they are using Core or Lite and it has caused a lot of frustration on the board just trying to figure out what they have, before we can help.

I copy pasted what he provided, so that be his fault then lol.

Additionally, I do not understand why this information cannot be displayed on the ABOUT page in settings. Right where it says Zorin OS 16, why can't it also say, PRO, CORE, LITE ???

Honestly, I feel like its an oversight from the Zorin bro's, and I think its something that is most certainly within the realm of amazing developers such as them, to fix.

Try again @StarTreker ... And yeah i made that little error with space between - and a :joy:

1 Like

Computers are so unforgiving for such small mistakes.
I think it is even more strict than that that nasty grammar teacher we had at school :wink:

1 Like

And Michel unearthed one of the reasons that I don't use Terminal as my default package manager. Because if you don't get it perfectly right, its like, "No, the code is mine, I will help you not." And I am like, "Nobody has got time for this, I'm wasting my time, should have used Synaptic" lol

1 Like

You can add spell-check add on to terminal.

And it is 100% within reason that to install a package... you need to get the Name Right.

That sounds nice, do you have install command for it by chance? Id be interested in that for both of my systems.

I wrote on it in Tutorials Forum.

You need to use Zsh (Z-shell)... or @pazoff wrote up on it in the X+1 things to do... thread with Fish Shell.

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot all about that! I was using that back on Zorin OS 12.4, man that was that colorful text and everything if I remember correctly. Pazoff has been making useful tutorials these days.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.