Dual Boot Issue

Hmmm. I may have misunderstood you earlier. You said @48 and I thought you meant you wanted it changed to that. Which my instructions above perform that. It seems those must be amended, once you have password working.

I am not sure why the font size increased, honestly. I have never had that happen on any of may many installs. It does make me wonder if reinstalling Zorin OS, overwriting the Zorin OS installation, then updating grub, would be the way to go. Plus, that would get us out of the Password problem. Is this a fresh install?

Also, no, there is no software to replace Grub Menu.

Pkexec is the command used in terminal to launch a Graphical User Interface with Root Privileges.
GUI is Graphical User Interface- these are the Non-terminal windows that open that look like your normal windows on the system.
Nautilus is the file manager for Zorin Core and Thunar is the file manager for Zorin Lite.
When you put in terminal
"pkexec thunar" for example, instead of it asking for your password in the terminal, the pkexec software opens a GUI popup window wherein you enter the password.

I first installed Zorin with no issues then installed Linux Mint and no matter what I did it would only boot to Zorin Distribution, so after an hour later decided to clean it up wiped out my hard drive, did a new install using Linux Mint then installing Zorin dual boot finally should up but with a problem menu font issue. I wanted to have the normal screen size, the @48 font was the aftermath of Zorin being installed and running my dual boot menu.

So sorry you had to go through all that. But good news is you got it fixed in the end. Also, you got to learn more about Linux in the process. Here’s hoping for smooth sailing from this point forward. :slightly_smiling_face:

Fixed dual boot but menu font no

That sounds very frustrating. You deserve credit for patience.
I think that the odd password not working must be resolved before the font size can be changed.

Are you using Zorin Core or Zorin Lite?

Zorin Ultimate 15.3, running on 8 computers, only have 5 pc’s running Windows 10, switching to Linux, this is the only one coming up with the menu issue.

Ok, that means you are using Gnome desktop. Your file manager is Nautilus.

Is this issue present on all, some or one of the eight computers? (Both issues, actually…) (EDIT: I see you just answered this above.)

Can you open your terminal and click the EDIT button on the menubar, then move to Profile Preferences, then General Tab and check Which Font terminal is using?

$ EDIT
EDIT: command not found

Edit on the menubar.
If you are not seeing the menubar in terminal, Right click any open area within the terminal and checkmark “Show Menubar”.

Yes, in Edit now, sorry brain freeze, font size 80

there is a reset option

Reset terminal to defaults

gonna try reboot

no, same issue, should I try turning down the 80

You can… I am wondering how it was set to 80… the print on your terminal screen must have been huge.

Tried turning down again nothing worked

Yes, the terminal print should be no larger then 20 point. 80 is like poster size print!

it only scaled down the terminal window not the main boot screen

That is fine, as we are trying to figure out why password entry did not work.

Have you tried

pkexec nautilus

yet?

no, would need the steps to do that