Dynamic panel transparency extension not working

Aravisian, I will only be making one more thread on LITE coming December, so don't get mad. I wanted to do one thread per each of the last 3 holidays. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. If we don't have LITE by Christmas, I am gonna send a letter to Santa and ask him why he hates us.

Cause IMO, there is no good reason. Because we are the best, we are Linux users, we don't cave to no greedy corporations. So, instead of a bag of coal, how about we get our LITE for Christmas. There is my optimism. Well, sort of. LMAO! :joy:

2 Likes

The extension works correctly in Ubuntu 21.04 which also uses gnome-shell 3.38. Opacity changed immediately. Changing the text color required log out and log in.

Gnome Shell themes tried (it worked in both):
default (whatever that is)
Flat Remix dark

gnome-shell --version GNOME Shell 3.38.4

It seems likely then, that the Gnome Extension that is included in Zorin OS that also governs panel transparency is likely interference.

1 Like

Dear @HanneMaes,
There must be something wrong at your end.
The extension works flawlessly in my PC. I am also using Z 16 (GNOME Shell 3.38.4).

It's located at the bottom.

I tried disabling all the extensions, but it still did not work.
But I found out the extension settings are giving me an error message.

This is the full error message:
The settings of extension dynamic-panel-transparency@rockon999.github.io had an error:

Gtk.BuilderError: /home/hanne/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dynamic-panel-transparency@rockon999.github.io/prefs.ui:115:1 Invalid object type 'GtkNotebookPage'

Stack trace:

buildPrefsWidget@/home/hanne/.local/share/gnome-shell/extensions/dynamic-panel-transparency@rockon999.github.io/prefs.js:108:13
_init@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:207:40
OpenExtensionPrefsAsync/<@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/extensionsService.js:122:28
asyncCallback@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/core/overrides/Gio.js:132:22
run@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/dbusService.js:177:20
main@resource:///org/gnome/Shell/Extensions/js/main.js:19:13
run@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:222:19
start@resource:///org/gnome/gjs/modules/script/package.js:206:8
@/usr/share/gnome-shell/org.gnome.Shell.Extensions:1:17

Sorry I found this error so late!

1 Like

That led me to:

2 Likes

Aravisian, I get the same error message when I click on the cog related to this extension on the extension app.

The app functions but I can't figure what it's suppose to do because I already use a transparent taskbar (located at the bottom) perhaps

Elegant_Emperor

18h

Dear @HanneMaes,
There must be something wrong at your end.
The extension works flawlessly in my PC. I am also using Z 16 (GNOME Shell 3.38.4).

who has the same gnome-version can tell us more.

1 Like

Yes, I think if several gnome-users are willing to test this, it may narrow the field.

Gnome-extensions...

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.