Encrypted drive

Hello guys,
Last night one of my SSD has been broken, I just could get a backup, I created another SSD drive as an encrypted password protected, but there is something weird, when I re-install Zorin OS, now my password just doesn't work!! But fortunately, I created another backup from that drive, Now some of those files have lock on them, some folder I can't remove or rename, I don't have any permission on them.

Encrypting isn't my thing, but how's the permission(s) set up on those files?

I didn't do anything on these files, anyway I think I don't have any problem, I just can copy my files to another location and the lock on files now gone, they are normal files, but I don't know if I copy all my files to another location, I can delete the source files or not

So the real problem is you're are unsure if you copy all the files from the source? Normally I would look at KB size and XXXX numbers of files.
You could copy it by command if you're uncertain.

2 Likes

If you are thinking they are symlinks to the original, symlinks will have an Arrow Emblem over the icon.

1 Like

No they are not symlinks, they are actual files and folders with root permission, it took places when I copy on live Zorin.
I copy all the files, they are fine, now I have to remove this one, I try to change the permission if I can, if not I think I need help

I couldn't change the root permission with chmod command, anyway I delete the folder and files successfully on live session

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.