Epson NX420 Not working

Hello, I can't seem to get my Epson NX420 working. Every time I press print, nothing happens. I am a newbie to getting printers to work on Linux so any help is appreciated.

Did you try downloading the driver package from the epson site here ? If you use Zorin 16 select the amd64 deb package

1 Like

Or here: EPSON Download Center

Enter "NX420" and you will find this:

1 Like

Hello, yes I have installed the amd64.deb package from that site. The printer is recognized by zorin but says processing forever.

Hello, yes I have installed the amd64.deb package from that site. The printer is recognized by zorin but says processing forever.

I found this printer properties page which says unable to locat eprinter EPSON2900BE.local

How is your Epson printer connected?

From websearch, I see many complaints from users of Ubuntu 20.04 (=ZorinOS 16) regarding Printing, cups and network printing.

Maybe this item (link below) may flag a possibe cause and suggest a remedy. @skrhee if you are a newbie, maybe others on here can look at it first and simplyfy instructons.

Cool, I didn't knwo about localhost:631/Admin.

I tried following the directions in that askubuntu.com article to remove.local from my device URI but I still get the "Unable to locate printer" State

@skrhee

Can you answer this question please?

Clean the head using the settings or by pressing and holding the ink button. Some of the printer nozzles appear to be obstructed. It could take a couple of tries, but it should do the trick.

Keep in mind that it will use some of the ink from all four cartridges, and I'm not sure if it will allow you continue with an empty cartridge.

I've tried to connect to it through wifi network

Hello Arevak1 thank you for reaching out to help, how were you able to tell that the printer nozzles were obstructed? I will try to find the ink button.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.