Error installing drivers nvidia 390 on Zorin OS 17

ok, I will try this solution, but wait me for 2 days, I'm working right now

Hi. I am facing the exact same problem. After using

sudo apt install nvidia-drive-390

i get this error

Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 nvidia-dkms-390
 nvidia-driver-390
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Also tried sudo apt install -f but got the same error codes

Any ideas?

Greetings

Try

sudo apt --fix-broken install

Next, check your sources and Server location; Try switching to Main Server under "Download from:" in Software & Updates
Then in terminal, run

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

sudo apt install nvidia-driver-390

I tried to fix it but the only thing I got was that I stopped recognizing the drivers of "nouveau" and I kept the screen in the resolution 800x600

I receive the same error

Let's add the Kelebek repo, then:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kelebek333/nvidia-legacy

sudo apt update && sudo apt install nvidia-driver-390

I had to reinstall zorin os, but with the command "sudo apt install nvidia-driver-390" and without using "Software & Updates" at all, ie recently installed the Zorin OS, it worked perfect, in the 2 times that I tried it had used first "Software & Updates"
thank you my friend for your time <3

I had to install with the ppa you gave, all the apps were blank

nope, I receive the same problem with any apps, don't open this

@CarlosRivera4726 Sorry i did not understand. Did you reinstall Zorin or used the PPA? I Upgraded from 16.3 so i cant reinstall

1 Like

Tried but still the same error :frowning:

Hmmm...
If you click Package Details on the lower right hand side above the package list, you can see that the package is in the repository for Nvidia-Driver-390.
However, I also see that Kelebek named the packages differently than how they are named on the Ubuntu drivers team's repo.

Can you please try:

sudo apt install nvidia-graphics-drivers-390

E: Paket nvidia-graphics-drivers-390 kann nicht gefunden werden.

not found

Did you remember to run sudo apt update after adding the new repository?

Here is the .deb file from that repository:
https://launchpad.net/~kelebek333/+archive/ubuntu/nvidia-legacy/+files/nvidia-driver-390_390.157-0ubuntu+klbkjammy_amd64.deb

Yes I did the apt update. Installing manually now. ty

1 Like

Installing the .deb file worked. I still dont get why it did not work over the console... But thank you alot for your support!

1 Like

Glad that the .deb file worked.

Same, I am quite confused over that. It is probably something simple that we would facepalm about later. :wink:

You might check that the kelebek repository was fully added using software & Updates app and if it was, run

sudo apt update && sudo apt full-upgrade

to ensure all necessary packages and files are installed.

1 Like

I first reinstalled, the first command worked perfect, but for example warp, docker desktop, blender, and some other applications do not open, warp stays in as in an invisible tab and does not let see the content

can you open blender or docker desktop without problems?

I surrender, drivers nvidia unofficial, do not serve at all, in short, thank you very much, I wanted to make another request, recommend something so that the nouveau driver does not freeze the screen for a while, it is for little, it is like a mini pause, it is annoying if you think about it