Error while installing Zorin OS alongside Windows. Now partitions are messed up

Hi. Today, I tried to install Zorin OS on my laptop, I wanted to make a dual boot using the option "Install alongside Windows 10"
Then, I assigned the free space that I wanted to use on Zorin OS and pressed next.
Then, it froze before showing me the screen to choose the timezone.
An hour later, a window appeared and said "se produjo un error mientras se guardaban los cambios de los dispositivos de almacenamiento" (Im not english. Translated, it said something like "An error occured while saving the changes of the storage devices") And the installer closed.
I tried to install it again but the "Install alongside Windows 10" option was missing, so I checked the partitions with Gparted (Using a Live USB) And it says that my HDD is full. Idk what to do.

Did you first disable Fast Boot or Fast Startup in Windows OS > Control Panel > Power Options?

Yes. I did it before trying to install the OS

In BIOS settings, are you set to RAID or to AHCI?

I cant check it right now, but I think I have AHCI

I would just try to install again. It may have been a simple glitch.

Can we also ensure that you used Windows Disk Management to shrink the Windows 10 partition to create free space for Zorin? Also worth creating a System Repair Disc before making any alterations (How to Create a Windows 10 System Repair Disc – Cloudeight InfoAve).

If the notebook does not come with an Optical Drive, advise you look at buying one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/External-Optical-Drives/b?ie=UTF8&node=430546031

2 Likes

I actually thought that was the bootloader.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.