Errors between start and logscreen

I experience „commandline“ errors between the start of the notebook and the zorin lock screen, they disappear fast so I made a vid and extracted the lines. Everything seams to run fine after that, but I would like to get rid off these error (?) messages and have a clean boot.

Anybody know why the messages pop up and how to solve the

problem?

1 Like

its a kernel bug, if your system is booting its not causing an issue

If they annoy you enough to get rid of, you can silence them by

+100

You can get rid of those ACPI Error messages by

1. Open /etc/default/grub in an editor with root access. In your case I believe Ubuntu uses gedit as it's text editor:
 sudo gedit /etc/default/grub
  1. The line with GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT, add the loglevel=3 part. The original looks like
 GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT='quiet splash'

Change it to this:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT='quiet splash loglevel=3'

Then save the changes and close it, now open a terminal and run:

sudo update-grub

Reboot and see the results

3 Likes

thank you VERY much @seanhinkley - I read the linked article, didn't understand anything and followed your detailed steps to circumvent the problem (or at least the output of that problem, I suppose).

I now works like a charm without any error line while booting.

Thanks again

2 Likes

Would it also fix some screen flashes during the bootup? Because I see some commandlines, too (disappear in less than a second as xabbu said), but together with some screen flashes, white and black flashes, they hurt my :eyes: and I become :face_with_spiral_eyes: or :dizzy_face:. By the way, those flashes appear even on logins and poweroffs :expressionless:.

Those settings to the grub boot line suppress non critical errors. So it may prevent those screen flashes. Depending on what messages they are

1 Like

What I can read is No Caching mode page found and Resuming drive cache: write through. But on other bootups I could read some new ones, I have to check those, too.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.