Every Little Helps

My Best Bud lives in San Antonio. He’s OK, but sadly his house that is in the being sold process had some damage. Pool/Equipment. Water Heaters (Why put them in the attic?). He had no power or water for several days. But him and family are alive. Got things back. And after a shower, much better…lol
Glad you had minor issues.

I just followed your instructions for installing Cinnamon. Did it on my older Toshiba first. And actually in Q4OS there. Idea is to learn and break the old machine rather than the "newer" one.

All set up. In general, regardless of distro, is there a way to request which desktop to load. In Q4OS, it came with Trinity. Or did Cinnamon overwrite Trinity. And if I change my mind, can I uninstall Cinnamon and Trinity will be waiting for me. Or will I need to reinstall it? Just curious how this works in general. I am thinking about putting another distro on the machine anyway for testing so no big deal or urgency.

When you install another desktop, it always installs alongside- the other desktop is not removed, so no need to re-install anything.
If you wish to remove a desktop - you can with sudo apt remove command.

So, to remove Cinnamon,

sudo apt remove --purge cinnamon-desktop-environment

sudo apt remove --purge cinnamon-core

I just use Cinnamon-Core instead of the full desktop.

To switch between desktop environments - Log out and in. At the Log In screen, you should be able to select which D.E. you are logging into. On LightDM, the Top Panel > right hand side contains the Drop Down Menu for the D.E.'s.
On GDM3, it is the Gear Icon next to your name at the Login Window itself. You may need to select "Log in as other user" to get that gear icon to show up. This is part of why I prefer LightDM; It Just Works. As it should be.
Trust Gnome to even make the Desktop Login Window Complicated and Minimalist at the same time making finding anything difficult.

Playing with all the Cinnamon settings now. Yes, there are a lot of them. Thanks for all your insights. I think this desktop is going to make the Q4OS more tolerable visually. It is pretty snappy on my old beast. I don't think Zorin Lite was quite light enough for it. But I will probably reinstall it and double-check my impressions.

I really like the Trinity Desktop; however, configuring it and finding all of the settings is like finding a needle in a haystack.

Cinnamon runs quick on Zorin OS, with a lighter step than it does on other distros.
It's still heavier than XFCE but can be leaned down.

I didn’t have much trouble configuring the settings on Trinity. However, I doubt I am aware of even 10% of the settings you may have been looking for.

Apparently my machine of 2002 or 2003 build is just too old to be as snappy with Cinnamon or the desktop on Zorin Lite. Trinity is noticeable faster when I switch back to it. But I will keep Cinnamon in mind for when I install Zorin 16 ultimate on the newer PC. Especially that red theme you built.

The Plomb Tools Co one?
Funny, that is currently mothballed.

As a Classic Car Wrencher, I have a shop full of Plomb Tools. It has taken years...