Every Little Helps

My Zorin when bad for some reason, which I was unable to determine. Instead of reinstalling it from fresh, I installed Linux Mint 20 Cinnamon. But, so I can be helpful here, I got my old Dell Inspiron 14Z Ultrabook and put Zorin OS 15.3 Core on there. This will allow me to help others on here when I can. Hope that is ok with everyone.

Hope your 2021 is starting out somewhat better than 2020.

Jamie.

3 Likes

Curious. When you say it went bad, did it maybe have corrupt files, did you change anything, did you try to install a fresh copy…? Mint cinnamon is good.
I use it as well.

Definitely something went south and I was unable to sort it. So I instead of a fresh Zorin, I did Mint 20.

Some steps that might help to solve this issue first off any logs or error messages that pops up?

Steps that might help:

1. Try to install ZorinOS on other computer to see if the bootable usb works.
  2. Use other program to create a bootable ZorinOS usb.
  3. Re-download the ISO and try to reinstall Zorin Os on a usb.

Thanks. I will keep these for another time. I did a different fix in the end. 136347239_1284698455246802_5639383877205849838_n

I use Zorin Cinnamon and couldn’t be happier with it. :slight_smile:

The Cinnamon Desktop is what Gnome could still be if they had any sense at all.

Can you share a screenshot of your setup? I am curious as to what Zorin with Cinnamon looks like.

I constantly do, anyway… So it is easier to just link to the latest Crime against Humanity:

@Aravisian. Last time the theme was very red. Been up to no good, lately... Cinnamon & XFCE users Unite

As you can see, I am still up to no good.

1 Like

You can atone for your sins by frequenting the forum a bit more.

1 Like

Eh, I have been posting an embarrassingly large bit, it seems to me.

@Aravisian It is really good to see you appearing more frequently on here. :smile:

Between Covid-19 keeping things tight, the political climate and me having to take things easier due to an injury - I have had more time off my feet. Looking forward to having more time on my feet.

1 Like