Evolution not showing previews after latest Zorin update

We have two computers with Zorin OS 18; I use a Surface Pro running the linux-surface-kernel, and my wife's desktop uses the generic kernel. She recently ran an update, and now Evolution will no longer show the body of an email. It retrieves all emails, but will neither show the body on double-click, nor in the preview pane. I've tried everything including AI assistance. Anyone else seen this of late? I'm running Evolution 3.62.0. My Surface is just fine.

1 Like

same webkit blank body mess hit a bunch of zorin 18 boxes after that update.

id try:
-sudo apt install --reinstall libwebkit2gtk-4.1-0 evolution evolution-common
-WEBKIT_DISABLE_DMABUF_RENDERER=1 WEBKIT_DISABLE_COMPOSITING_MODE=1 evolution

if the mail shows, stick those 2 lines in /etc/environment then:
-rm -rf ~/.cache/fontconfig ~/.cache/evolution ~/.cache/webkitgtk*
-fc-cache -f
-reboot

keep chrome closed a bit after. it rewrites fontconfig for me and blanks evolution again.

2 Likes

I would avoid Chrome, but not Chromium.

Welcome to the Forum!

Open the Terminal and type the following Commands one at a Time:

rm -rf ~/.cache/fontconfig

and then

fc-cache -vr

and then reboot.

1 Like

THANK YOU!
I ran into the same problem and deleting fontconfig and rebuild did the trick!
Just for the search results: Balena Etcher as AppImage displayed no fonts, too.

If someone wonders, how Evolution mails looked like:

2 Likes