Experiencing Screen Flickering and Display Quality Concerns on my Lenovo Legion

I was purchased a Lenovo Legion laptop before 1 year ago right now with Intel Evo certification, right now expecting top-notch performance and display quality. However, I've been facing a frustrating issue with screen flickering and overall display quality, and I wanted to reach out to the community for some guidance or possible solutions.

Here's what I've been experiencing: at random intervals, my laptop's screen starts flickering, causing a distraction and hindering my overall user experience. It's particularly noticeable when I'm browsing the web, watching videos, or working on graphics-intensive tasks. The flickering occurs regardless of whether the laptop is running on battery power or plugged into a power source.

Additionally, I've noticed that the display quality falls short of my expectations. Colors appear slightly washed out, and the overall sharpness and clarity seem to be lacking, especially when compared to other laptops in a similar price range. I've tried adjusting the display settings, updating graphics drivers, and even performing a factory reset, but the issue persists.

I've read online forums where users have reported similar problems with their Lenovo Legion laptops and other Intel Evo-certified devices, but I haven't come across a definitive solution. I'm wondering if any of you have faced similar issues or have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem.

If you've encountered screen flickering or display quality concerns on your Lenovo Legion or any other Intel Evo laptop, I would greatly appreciate any insights, troubleshooting tips, or potential fixes that you have found effective. It would be beneficial for all of us to share our experiences and work towards finding a resolution.

Thank you in advance for your help and contributions to the discussion. I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully finding a solution together!

Best regards,

After just a couple of minutes there seem to be way too many reports for this to be an isolated issue. Some of the proposed solutions that I found range widely from disabling hardware acceleration, to opening the chassis and readjusting the cables...

Honestly, I would contact the vendor and see if there's an official response, hopefully with a definitive solution or recall, and try to have them fixed if your device is still under warranty.

Can you please post the terminal output of

sudo lshw -C video

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.