External CD ROM drive for Zorin

Does anyone have or know if external CD ROM drives will work on Zorin .... I have looked on on-line stores but don't see any listed as suitable for Linux ..... any suggestions ????

I use an external HDD as one of my backups. I can’t imagine you’d have issues with an external CD drive but I don’t know for sure.

2 Likes

Thanks .... yea I have 6 external HD's and they work fine but not sure about a external CD player .... anyway I just ordered one as it is one of the very few that says it will work with Linux at least it has the little penguin on the label .... but that ain't the first time I heard something was supported for Linux and wasn't .... LOL

I wondered if @FrenchPress may have some tips.

1 Like

True .... I thought some of the gamers might also as I have a whole pot full of games on CD's .... and if the one I just sent for does work I'll be sure and give info on here about it ....

1 Like

I agree with this.

To tell the true, i trashed over 200 cd's/dvd's 10 years ago, everything is digital these days.

2 Likes

CD's and DVD's are digital. Magnetic tape is not.

2 Likes

You know what i mean...the internet :joy:

1 Like

It shouldn't be a problem unless it is some cutting edge new hardware in which drivers don't exist. Most external drives are just internal drives in a USB 3.0 case (similar to hard drives). I've ripped Blu-rays with Zorin and a USB 3.0 Blu-ray drive.

1 Like

Marked solution. 48

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.